- Electronics inventor and designer Ted Fletcher from the UK will be streaming a guest lecture to Dr. Thompson's MMP 430 class from the UK on Wednesday Nov. 11th at 2 p.m. in Soundhouse C. Visitors are welcome to attend. Fletcher is the founder of Orbitsound. Their Airsound speaker system is designed to provide an off-axis stereo experience.
Ted also runs Ted Fletcher Pro Audio. To prepare for the lecture, check out their website and read about the VOICE CHANNEL product follows from the work he did with Joe Meek.
- Ball State students and their counterparts at Vincennes, St. Francis, and IPFW who attended Sweetwater's first Career Day last Friday learned a lot about Sweetwater's history, culture, and career opportunities within the various departments. They met alumni over lunch and got some insights into music production during the recording/gear discussion with Director of Studio Operations and Artist Relations, legendary engineer and producer Mark Hornsby.
- The first of two CDs recorded last year by Gunnar Mossblad & Cross Current in the MMP studios has been released on the Summit Label. R.S.V.P. features originals from Mossblad and other members of the jazz faculty at the University of Toledo. Legendary jazz vocalist Jon Hendrix is overdubbing his parts on the second album–a set of songs he wrote for songs by Thelonius Monk. More samples from Allmusic.
The albums were recorded in the MMP studios in March, 2014 by John Fishell, assisted by MMP majors Tyler McCoskey, Jonathan Soloman, and Patrick Weaver.
- Do you like Ball State? Do you want to get paid to connect with incoming students while developing your communication skills, something that is vital for success in the music & entertainment industry? If the answer is yes, consider being an orientation leader over the summer taking between May 24–July 14. Deadline to apply is November 20th at 5:00 p.m. You get paid $7.25 an hour up to 36 hours a week Monday through Friday, May 24–July 24, a single room in a residence hall, most meals.
- A student-run Internet cooking is in the works at the Botswin LLC. Watch for a call the week of December 7th to see who is interested in participating. The plan so far is to have training once a week starting the week of January 11th through the middle of February, and to shoot the video on a Saturday at the end of the month using Botswin's pro kitchen counter. Hopefully it will turn into a series. Let James Middleton of the Jazz Performance program know if you're interested in playing in or composing/arranging for the house band.